After a request from my seester, I have been researching home lino printing.
So far I have found a few lovely site and a new printing product.
When I am working at the print studio I have access to a hot plate which means I can heat the lino, making it more malleable.The idea of standing over the radiator for hours isn't an appealing one! Except for when the weather has been like it is today! With my new knowledge of Soft Lino, there will be no stopping me. All I need to do now is get a table, lino, paints, roller and I'll be off!
My project is to make bedroom door signs for Huwyl and Neirin. I am thinking of trying to incorporate elements to go with H&N, horse chestnut leaves and the Hawthorn flower for Huwyl. Nectarine and the Nandina Berries for Neirin, mainly so I can incorporate Orange, one of my favourite colours!
Will keep you updated with my progress. To the artstore I go...
Yes yes yes!!!! I am so glad to have an artist sister!!!!
ReplyDelete