http://emilianaunderwear.wordpress.com/knicker-making-kits-and-workshops/
I can't quite remember how I came across a website for knicker making kits, but, I am very glad I did!
I ordered a kit an keenly awaited it's arrival.
Here are the contents of the small parcel
3 pieces of material, four pieces of lace, instructions and a reel of cotton. All that is required for pant making exercise.
Emma kindly recommends that you make a pattern from the pieces, so this was my first task. Plus an extra pattern for my sister, which will be winging its way very soon.
Then in order to get an idea of the masterpiece en route, a mock-up.
Inevitably, despite the clear instructions and the simplicity of the pattern, yes, there was still a small amount of unpicking!
But, overall I think it took less than an hour to make a pair of pants. I am very happy with the results. Perfect fit and happy that I have used recycled material to make them, continuing in my ethical/fair trade/vintage clothing vein.



Yay, these look terrific! Love the colours and the style, a great use for old t-shirts I think!
ReplyDelete