Saturday, 7 April 2012

€1.6m for a one bed flat

Thanks to the wonderful people at Moneysavingexpert I managed to get 2 FREE tickets to the Ideal home show at Earls court in London.


This is what happened next.



  • Phone dad
  • Book flights
  • Explain to David that he would not enjoy the early start so he is staying at home with the cat
  • Wait a couple of months



Ideal Home show here we come.


Dad and I, at a speedier pace than is normal at 6.30am, marched to the bus stop. 3 hours later we arrived at earls court, having eaten most of our supplies. We needed to save our money for any potential purchases. 










 The above were taken inside a pretend house that was built using traditional crafts. Not overly realistic, but pretty.


 George Clarke, who I worked with in Newcastle, admiring himself on tele!

 My kind of kitchen.

 My kind of outdoor relaxation


After we had zoomed around the IHE we decided to venture towards South Kensington. The weather was gorgeous that day which meant we could wander at our leisure, soaking up the sun and the atmosphere. 




We were heading past the V&A and thought, what the hell, we'll pop in and see what they have to offer. A quick once round the glass section, a short wait while I lost dad, and we were on our way. Dad can be seen below, returning from his short break away.








Having been walking since 10am we decided we would head for a bite to eat. Whilst searching for somewhere to eat on my phone, along with discount of some description, I noticed we were not far from La Gavroche. Now, any non foodies may not be aware that this is the home of the one and only, Jean Michel Jarre - I mean Michel Roux Jnr. Not wanting to miss out on the chance to say we had been there we sped round for a few snaps, disappointed that it wasn't open, we headed to a local pub for some pauper food. 





Gordon insisted that next time we were in London, we must pop in and see him. So we tried here...



 ...and here. Sadly the food at Maze wasn't Michelin starred!





After we had eaten our way round Mayfair we thought we would have a wander before catching the bus home. This was when I nearly phoned the optician and booked myself in for an eye test. 'Dad, can you double check that says 1.6 million pounds for a one bed flat' Assuming I have placed the decimal point in the wrong place in my mind. No, it really was that expensive. Followed by £6500 a week for a flat. Deep breaths followed. Dad and I assumed that as selection of cars that had past us went, Aston martin, Ferrari, land rover, Aston, Aston, Aston, Audi, BMW, Aston, Bentley, Bentley, Ferrari, that maybe the area was a little posh. But 1.6 million for a ONE BED FLAT!!!!!


So, having chosen not to purchase, not enough parking. We think the cars were doing circuits to find a space! 
























No comments:

Post a Comment