...my holiday begins now!
Tomorrow I leave rainy Scotland and head for rainy England.
But then, I head for 'maybe sunny' France. Whoop Whoop!
This is my first proper holiday in France and I/we are looking forward to the break. There have been many lists, a lot of purchasing and now I am finally ready to put on 3 tonnes of wet weather gear and get the doodle bug outta here!
Top 3 things I am looking forward to:
Seeing David fly like an eagle, no illegal drugs involved.
Cycling round lake Annecy. I haven't been on a bike without an engine for a long time so it should be entertaining. I may have to wear David's knee armour.
Relaxing
Anyone who knows me will know that I don't do relaxing very well. Its not that lazy isn't my middle name, dad just forgot to add it when he went to register my Birth. I simply find it difficult, as the scots like to say 'to sit at peace'. David and I have only managed one holiday without transport as we exhaust the local amenities quite quickly. We resorted to a scooter each in Rhodes, which was brilliant fun, despite David's concerns about them having terrible brakes and not being able to corner. I then had concerns that David would try and make the scooter corner! In Amalfi we lasted approximately 24 hours before we started to look longingly at hire shops. This year, despite arriving on our very own transport, I plan to park up my little green ninja machine and relax. We'll see how long that lasts!
Tomorrow we will make the long and boring trip to dad's for an overnight refresh and will head to the chunnel on Friday. Itinerary permitting we will meet David's mum and dad on their homeward journey somewhere between Calais and Troyes.
Our first night will be spent in Troyes. Have a look at some images, looks like a great city to bod about for an evening. Then on to Lake Annecy on Saturday.
I will, of course, be posting pictures when I return. I have learnt that David will not be rushed with editing so am resorting to taking my own pics, hurrumph!
Till we speak again
Bonsoir
No comments:
Post a Comment