Saturday, 1 January 2011

Holidays

As my blissful 3 week Christmas holiday comes to an end I feel it's about time I started planning 2011 holidays.

Firstly, finances permitting, we will be jetting off to Rome. What am I saying, I would re-mortgage the cats before I didn't go! A 3 day mini break with David and Dad March/April time, avoiding Easter as apparently it can get quite busy!

Then, this years Bike adventure will see David and I zooming, as only my little Ninja knows how, around France. This is a bit left field as previously, David's only comment on the country was 'Cheese eating surrender monkey's, I am not going!' After we had a great journey on our travels back through France last year we realised it has a lot to offer. Beautiful countryside mixed with lovely towns and great bike roads.

We will begin with a torturous trip down the M8/M77/M5 to dads (M roads are a bikers nightmare!). Overnight stop over (please get in extra bacon dad!) with dad, then onto the channel tunnel the next day. Our only scheduled stop so far will be
Lille. No particular reason, just looks like a lovely town. We are aiming to reach Annecy in the Rhone-Alps region, then an exciting circuit back towards home.

David and I are perfectly matched for holidays. We both hate flying, we both love deciding on what we do each day and we both dislike normal food groups which makes eating out easy. Many stops are always taken for David to take beautiful pictures. These provide me with hours of viewing when we get home where I say 'oh do you remember...' on a minute to minute basis. Without David's prolific photo taking, many memories would be lost in the depths of my appalling memory! Obviously I will be sharing these pictures, post editing by David, on my blog when we return.

September/October will be our annual holiday with dad. No plans yet. But, we loved the Abruzzo region last year so may be returning.



Along with holidays we are hoping to make use of the wonderful Wigwams in England and Scotland. Thrown in will be the odd camping trip down to the lake district. Plenty to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. Ok I'm officially jealous! ; ) Sounds like a wonderful plan, you will have so much to enjoy and look forward to this year. David and Stephen should get together and discuss their loathing of France, they are well matched!

    ReplyDelete